Rave Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravishing's guide to mages (Ultimate edition)

Go down

Ravishing's guide to mages (Ultimate edition) Empty Ravishing's guide to mages (Ultimate edition)

Post  Ravishing Sat May 07, 2011 9:57 pm

Hello everyone, just Rav again
This time, I will bring you the ultimate guide to being a brilliant mage XD

Q. Why do you want to be a mage?
A. Their capability to perform spells is second to none, their magic attack is very high, they are the only class which can use "offensive spells" and are have the ultimate AOEs (stands for Area Of Effect attacks)

To use a mage to its full potential, you need to understand the pros and cons of using them.
Like I mentioned before, they are the only class which can use magic attacks, their magic attack is very high, and their Spirit is rather high. The SP gauge is a lot higher than the other classes, meaning they can perform more attacks, which is always a good thing.
The main problem with mages are its physical abilities, and its HP. They have the lowest amount of health within the game, and their defence is poor at best. Getting into a physical fight doesn't usually end well with mages, unless you are prepared.

With this in mind, are you still up to the task and becoming a mage? Well if so, here is my simple guide fr you on what you can do to maximise your mage's potential.

"Powerful" - Full Int or Int/Dex
This can be a useful build, especially if you are working in a group. Your added attack bonus will be able to secure the victory against enemies, and if fighting solo, this can also give you an edge. However, the defensive shortfall is still there, so you are just as likely to be killed as if you didn't add anything. To combat this issue, make sure you have your stones replenished regularly and if possible carry some potions.

"Critical-conscious" - Int/Spr or Full Spr
if used correctly, this can be an excellent build. The extra SP and magic defence will definitely keep you alive longer, and the amoutn of spells being used is increased. The critical hit rate is also increased dramatically, so if you have a lot of crits, then the battle can be yours. Like in the previous build, the physical abilities are still the same, so you will have to rely heavily on the critical hits. Best to carry potions with you in case the crits don't appear regularly enough.

"Shielded" - Full End or End/Dex
This build focuses on physical defence, and the ability to aim and evade better in battle. The extra defence will help with the already low defence which you currently have, there is less chance of you missing targets than usual. There are only two major drawbacks to this build - the attack isn't increased, and there will be times where attack is the best form of defence, and your critical hit rate remains unaffected, which at times can be the deciding factor.

"Cautious" - End/Spr
This is the best choice if you wish to endure more hitss in battle. The defence, magic defence, HP and SP all increase, which increases your overall strength. Also, with the critical hit rate raised, it can take less time to grind and defeat enemies. The major drawback with this build is the fact that your ability to dodge attacks is lower, and the aim of your spells are unaffected, and the other potential problem is that your attack remains unaltered, which can take longer to defeat enemies in the long run.

I hoep this guide has been helpful. If you do find it helpful, please let me know on what else you would like to write a guide on, and I will happily do it, where it is a levelling guide, money making guide other class guides etc.

Ravishing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down