Rave Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ravishing's guide to clerics (Ultimate edition)

Go down

Ravishing's guide to clerics (Ultimate edition) Empty Ravishing's guide to clerics (Ultimate edition)

Post  Ravishing Sat May 07, 2011 9:56 pm

Hello everyone, just Rav here.
Q. Why do you want to be a cleric?
A. They have good defence and are the only class which can heal.

Now, to fully use the cleric, you need to understand the pros and cons of a cleric.
They can heal players, increase your HP/SP capacity, and generally keeps everyone alive.
However they also have HP similar to a mage, which is rather low. Also, the offensive skills are limited to 3; they are Bash, Bleed/Trip and Extinguish.

With this in mind, do you still want to be a cleric?
For those who want to be a cleric, I have a simple guide for you, which could help you out in deciding what type of cleric you want to be.

Tank-like Cleric: End/Dex
With this, you will be able to withstand more attacks and be able to attack longer. With few offensive attacks, this can give you the edge as you can use your attacks in a strategic way. Your aim/evasion rate will also increase which can shorten the battle time. However, at the same time, if you are facing a strong enemy, this can take a long time to finish, so unless you have time on your hands, you will have to be patient.

Total Support: End/Spr (my preferred choice)
This is the build I always go for. Your defence and magic defence are higher than normal, and your HP/SP bar also increases. In parties, these are the most effective types of clerics, as they can focus on keeping everyone alive, and providing a brilliant bonus to the party's morale. Also, with the added Spr, you can perform more spells.
The major problem with this is that when you solo, you have no offensive advantage against enemies, and when PVPing, this can provide you with a disadvantage against players.

"Warrior" cleric: Str/Spr:
This build focuses on the main weakness of a cleric, strength. The added strength will make the cleric overall stronger than the defensive clerics, and with the Spr gain, can perform more spells and have a higher crit rate, which will further boost its strength.
Although you get the added strength, you sacrifice defence, so you need to be careful when facing enemies. One crit move and you're dead, so be warned. Also, your HP/Defence is lower than normal, so facing general monsters will deal more damage towards you.

Those are the 3 main types that you can choose. If you find other combinations, please let me know, and I will include them in this guide. Also, if you do wish to provide something, please provide me with the details, and I will give you the credit for it.

I hope this guide helps. next, I shall create a mage guide, so stay tuned!

Ravishing

Anzahl der Beiträge : 12

Back to top Go down